Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Apple Cinnamon Oat Pancake Recipe
I love pancakes in all forms, including these slightly healthier ones with full grain flour & oats! Don't be fooled, they're still delicious. :) Cooking the pancakes also heats the apple inside for a slightly caramelized flavor. If you're not an oat fan, skip the oats & use 130 g / 1 c of flour instead!
Happy baking & don’t forget to tag @nickxfritz_munich in your snaps because we love seeing your creations!
Quantity: 10 pancakes & can easily be doubled to make more
- 96 g / 3/4 c full grain (vollkorn) flour
- 20 g / 1/4 c oats
- 3 TL / 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 TL / 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 EL / 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 TL / 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, finely chopped + additional slices for serving
- 30 g / 1/8 c butter, melted
- 237 ml / 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Maple Syrup, butter, & yogurt for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar & set aside
- Separately, whisk together the wet ingredients
- Once the wet ingredients are combined, add the wet mix to the dry mix & whisk until just combined. There should be lumps!
- Gently fold in the chopped apple
- Oil a non-stick pan over medium-high heat
- Pro tip: let the pan get properly hot before starting & don’t worry about the first pancake. It’s always a lost cause, see it more as a snack while you make the rest 😊
- Pour ~60ml / ¼ c of pancake batter into the pan. Watch it closely, when there are bubbles in the surface, it means it is time to flip your pancake over
- Pro tip: let cook for about 1 minute on each side so it is cooked through but do not push down on your pancakes with a spatula. This will prevent them from becoming fluffy!
- Repeat with remaining batter, serve immediately with maple syrup, butter, additional apple or yogurt. Enjoy!
- Pro tip: if you decide to double the recipe, turn your oven on to ~75°C & put a casserole dish in the oven. Add the pancakes to the casserole dish as you finish them so they stay warm while you make the rest!
Note: the photos are not mine because, well, pancakes should be eaten immediately so that's what we did! No time spared for photos 😉
Post a pic & tag us @nickxfritz_munich with your version!
Every Thursday we post a new recipe! Sign up for our newsletter & get the recipes right to your inbox every Friday!