NYC Chocolate Chip Cookie Baking Kit Recipe - EN
NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies
Quantity: 24 Cookies
Time: 20 minutes preparation; ca. 40 minutes baking
- flour mix
- sugar mix
- spice mix
- sugar beet syrup
Ingredients (not included):
- 1 egg
- 185g butter, softened to room temperature
Baking tools (not included):
- 1-2 non-stick cookie trays
- hand- or stand-mixer
- cooling rack
- thin spatula
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Combine the butter & sugar mix, mix well at medium speed with your hand- or stand-mixer. Add the egg & sugar beet syrup. Pro tip: warming the jar of sugar beet syrup in the microwave or a water bath makes it easier to pour the sugar beet syrup!
- Mix well until thoroughly combined, pausing to scrape down the sides & bottom of the bowl
- Add the flour mix & spice mix to the butter mixture in 2 batches. Beat on medium speed after each addition. Once the flour mix is fully incorporated, add the chocolate & mix on low until the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough
- Using two spoons or your hands, shape the cookie dough into balls with ~2cm diameter & place them on the cookie sheet. The cookies with expand significantly so space them out & target 6-8 cookies per sheet. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough until all cookies are baked
- Bake each tray for 11-13 minutes, the center will still be soft
- Take the cookies out of the oven, use a thin spatula to gently unstick the cookies from the baking tray. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for ~2 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool & enjoy!
Storage notes: cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week (if they last that long! 😊) or frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month.