Nick&Fritz Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Check here first!
I’m allergic to nuts / milk / soy / puppies – can I still order?
We do our best to highlight all the potential allergens in each of our products (below) but we cannot guarantee that our products have not come into contact with one of the items you are allergic to during the packaging process. If you have an allergy & would like to order, please contact us & we will see how we can help! We’re really sorry about your puppy allergy, our deepest condolences.
Baking Kit ingredients & potential allergens per recipe:
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins: flour, oats, baking powder, refined salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, sugar, apple
- potential allergens: A, C, E, F, F, H
- Carrot Cake Muffins: flour, vinegar, baking powder, baking soda, refined sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, carrots
- potential allergens: A, E, F, H
- Gluten-free Double-Chocolate Brownies: gluten-free flour mix (cornstarch, rice flour, guargum flour, millet flour), salt, refined sugar, semi-sweet chocolate, Dutch cocoa powder. Note: We try our best to ensure there is no cross-contamination but as we also have Baking Kits with gluten, we cannot guarantee this 100%! Thanks for understanding!
- potential allergens: C, E, F, G, H
- Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes: flour, organic lemon, powdered sugar, baking powder, refined sugar, vegan & bio sprinkles
- potential allergens: A, C, E, F, F, H, O, Z
A Includes Gluten / B Shellfish / C Eggs / D Fish / E Peanuts / F Soy / G Lactose / H Nuts / L Celery / M Mustard / N Sesame / O Sulfates / Z) Nitrates
A Gluteneinhaltig / B Krebstiere / C Eier / D Fisch / E Erdnuss / F Soja / G Laktose / H Schalenfrüchte / L Sellerie / M Senf / N Sesam / O Sulfite / Z) Antioxidationsmittel & Nitrit Pökelsalz
View the full Nutritional Information for each recipe here
I saw that you use sustainable packaging & organic ingredients in your Baking Kits. Can you tell me a bit more about this?
Definitely! Thanks for sharing our interest in reducing our impact on the environment.
- We source packaging made from renewable or recycled raw materials to use in our Baking Kits from Greenbox Eco Up Packaging. By sourcing our packaging here, we support 100% climate neutral production. Additionally, we chose Greenbox because they are a company which ensures their products are manufactured under safe & social working conditions at fair wages & regulated working hours. Their suppliers are audited by independent auditors according to the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), SEDEX or SA8000.
- For our shipping boxes, we source the mailers from Packhelp to ensure our boxes are made with recycled materials, fully recyclable & printed with vegetable inks. Additionally, Packhelp is a partner of “One Tree Planted”, a non-profit environmental charity on the mission of global reforestation. With each order, Nick&Fritz is supporting this mission as well.
- Additionally, we use glass & cork vials, instead of plastic, for our spice or vinegar mixes. We encourage you to keep & reuse these cute vials for salt, spices, cosmetics, plants, the list is endless!
- Our fresh produce is sourced locally from Amperhof via their öko-kiste offer. Their extensive range is 100% organic sourced from long-term & regional partners who operate according to the criteria of the respective cultivation association (Bioland, Naturland, Demeter).
This is our idea of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Monthly Baking Kit Subscription:
I love the subscription idea & want to sign up but the month is half over already, does that mean I miss out on this month?
Nope! We got you covered. As soon as you sign up, we will send you this month's featured recipe & going forward, you will receive the future Baking Kits in the first week of each month.
What if I don't like the featured recipe?
We're a little biased so we think all Nick&Fritz recipes are awesome but it's totally cool if you disagree! On the 20th of each month, you'll receive a preview of the next month's recipe. Then you'll have 7 days to substitute any of our classic Baking Kits (Brownies, Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins, or Apple Cinnamon Muffins) in for that month instead by removing the featured recipe & adding the product you'd like instead. All of this can be done in the subscription management portal! This update will reset automatically to the featured recipe for the next month. It could be that there is a price difference between the monthly subscription & the substitute, this will also be displayed in the management portal.
I'm on holiday for the month & don't want my Kit to get wasted!
Wow, sounds awesome! In the subscription management portal, go ahead & select "skip order" for the month you are away & you will not be charged for that month / we won't deliver a Baking Kit. Enjoy your holiday :)
It's been real, but I am ready to cancel my subscription.
No worries, we get it. You can cancel for free any time in the subscription management portal. Billing occurs on the first of every month, so just make sure you cancel before that to avoid being charged the next month.
Baking Kit Delivery:
I live in Singapore, can I order a baking kit?
Unfortunately, we only deliver within the EU at the moment! But thanks a lot for your interest!
OK, got it. I’m living the life & split my time between Munich & the countryside. How much does shipping costs?
#GOALS 😊 We offer free local bike delivery within the Munich Mittlerer Ring. Outside of this zone, there is a flat rate of €5.00 for deliveries within Germany & €7.00 for orders within the EU.
I just ordered a Baking Kit & I am so excited to use it. When will it arrive?
Woo woo! Items within our Local Delivery zone will arrive within 2-4 business days of order date. All other items will be shipped within 1-3 business days of order date.
Can I send a box of sweet treats to a friend?
So thoughtful of you! We would love to drop off a box of deliciousness at your friend’s house. The process is the same, just enter his / her delivery address instead!
OMG! The boxes are so cute! Can you guarantee they arrive looking like this?
You’re making us blush! While we strive for every kit to arrive exactly as pictured, unfortunately we cannot double-check this once it is in transit.
The post office took an extra long lunch break & my package was delayed! Now the fresh apple & carrots aren’t good anymore. What do I do?
We are so sorry your package was late! We’re all about reducing food waste here at Nick&Fritz & luckily baking is a great use of produce which is on the riper end! So it is no problem that your apple is a little softer than you would like if you were just eating it straight. Go ahead & cut off any mushy bits, then you can still use it! For the carrots, did you know that you can rejuvenate carrots by soaking them in cold water? Check out this quick how to vid.
Destroyed beyond repair? No worries, snap a pic & send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We’ll get you sorted with a new Baking Kit ASAP!
I love brownies but actually, I ordered the Carrot Cake Muffin Baking Kit! What should I do?
Oh no, sorry about the switcheroo! Contact us at email@example.com & we’ll send the right box right over! In the meantime, enjoy the brownies. 😉
Ordering for our Sweet Treats delivery
Been a fan of Nick&Fritz for a while? Remember the good old days when we delivered finished sweet treats right to your door? I know, we do too. 😊 Why did you pause your sweet treats delivery service?
As some of the long-time fans might remember, we started out as a baked goods delivery business in summer of 2020. We paused that part of the business for various reasons in October (read more in our blog post about it!). Since then, we've focused 100% on our Baking Kit business & I wanted to share with you that going forward, this will be our sole focus! We will not be returning to finished baked goods.
Our founder started this business in 2020 because baking has always been her passion. Both the activity itself & because of the ability to spread love through baking. We believe that sharing home-baked sweets is one of the most heartfelt gestures one can make. Equally special, is spending time baking with loved ones. It is a quiet moment, free from distractions, that allows you to connect over a shared activity. & the best part, you get to eat something delicious at the end! Our goal with @nickxfritz_munich has always been to bring a smile to people's faces & spread the joy of baking.
Our founder learned that although she loves baking, doing it 24/7 is not for her. (Shoutout to all the professional bakers out there getting up at 4am! 💪) This realization encouraged her to think of other ways to share the joy of baking with you. That's why we've pivoted to Baking Kits! We believe that our Baking Kits provide an even larger opportunity to sweeten your days - whether it's through helping you & your loved ones to share a precious moment baking together; as a gift to a dear friend; or empowering you to gift yourself a little me-time & bake up a batch of brownies. This is why we have decided to focus on creating more of those special moments for you through our Baking Kits.
Was your question not addressed above? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.