Black&White Cupcakes - EN
Quantity: 12 Cupcakes
Time: 25 minutes prep, 23 minutes baking + time to decorate
- sugar mix
- flour mix
- topping mix
- 12 cupcake cups (+ 1 spare 😊)
- sprinkles to decorate
Ingredients (not included):
- 85g butter, room temperature - for cupcakes
- 2 large eggs
- 95ml milk + 3/5 tsp more for icing
- 165g butter, softened - for icing
Tools (not included):
- stand or hand mixer
- muffin baking tray
- 2 mixing bowls
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C & place the cupcake cups in the muffin baking tray
- Cream butter & Sugar Mix, beat on medium speed until fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beating well after adding each egg & scrape down the sides & bottom of the bowl after mixing in the first egg. The batter will appear loose & chunky at this point, don't worry, it comes together smoothly with the Flour Mix & milk!
- Alternately add the Flour Mix & 95ml milk (flour, milk, repeat) to the butter & egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the batter has a smooth consistency, pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed
- Lastly, add the Chocolate to the batter & use a spatula to gently mix the chocolate chips in until they are evenly distributed in the batter
- Use a spoon to evenly distribute the batter in the 12 cupcake cups. Each cup should be filled a little more than halfway full. Bake the cupcakes on the bottom rack for 21-23 minutes
For the icing:
- Beat 165g of butter on high speed with a hand- or stand-mixer for ~5 minutes, until very fluffy. Pro tip: take the butter out of the fridge 2-3 hours before you plan to use it to ensure it is softened!
- Sift the Topping Mix into a bowl & add it to the butter in 3 batches. Add 1 tsp of milk after each of the Topping Mix additions. Beat butter on high for 2-3 minutes after each addition
- The icing should have a light, fluffy texture & be easily spreadable but still hold a shape. If the icing is too stiff, add 1-2 tsp more milk to soften it (optional step)
- Using a spatula or piping bag, spread the icing on the cooled cupcakes & decorate with sprinkles!
Note: the cupcakes can be frozen un-iced for up to 1 month & the frosting can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week before using it - both in an airtight container. Once iced, enjoy immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.